Description

    Agate
    Mendoza Province
    Argentina
    4.44 x 3.07 x 0.18 inches (11.30 x 7.80 x 0.48 cm)

    The Mendoza Province in Argentina's Cuyo region may be best known for its many bodega wineries and its bold, red Malbecs, but it also produces Agate. This coaster size specimen has a couple of very unique qualities. The orange, olive, and mustard coloration is concentrated in some 80 percent of the rock with the remaining 20 percent being almost clear relative to the rich hues in the rest of the slice. There is a tiny hole in that area which could allow for the piece to be strung or even worn as a big groovy necklace.

    [Scale: 1 inch, with mark at 1 cm]


    Condition Report*:

    Condition report available upon request.

    *Heritage Auctions strives to provide as much information as possible but encourages in-person inspection by bidders. Statements regarding the condition of objects are only for general guidance and should not be relied upon as complete statements of fact, and do not constitute a representation, warranty or assumption of liability by Heritage. Please note that we do not de-frame lots estimated at $1,000 or less and may not be able to provide additional details for lots valued under $500. All lots are sold "AS IS" under the Terms & Conditions of Auction.

    Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Miscellaneous Collectibles, Small (view shipping information)

    Sales Tax information  |  Terms and Conditions

    Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments

    Glossary of Terms

    Auction Info

    Auction Dates
    September, 2015
    3rd-10th Thursday-Thursday
    Internet/Mail Bids: 6
    Lot Tracking Activity: N/A
    Page Views: 433

    Buyer's Premium per Lot:
    25% on the first $100,000 (minimum $14), plus 20% of any amount between $100,000 and $1,000,000, plus 12% of any amount over $1,000,000 per lot.

    Sold for: Sign-in or Join (free & quick)

    Heritage membership

    Join Now - It's Free

    VIEW BENEFITS
    1. Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
    2. Bid online
    3. Free Collector newsletter
    4. Want List with instant e-mail notifications
    5. Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
      winnings 
    Consign now
    • Cash Advances
    • More Bidders
    • Trusted Experts
    • Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
    Only 29 days left to consign to the 2017 November 13 American Indian Art Signature Auction - Dallas!

    Learn about consigning with us

    Please give a big thank you to the entire Heritage team. Everyone was a pleasure to work with and Heritage delivered beyond our expectations.
    Cheryl Rubin, Sr. Vice President-Brand Management DC Comics,
    New York, NY
    View More Testimonials

    HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)

    Video tutorial

    Getting the most out of search

    Recent auctions

    2017 May 12 Illustration Art Signature Auction - Dallas
    2017 May 12 Illustration Art Signature Auction - Dallas
    REALIZED $1,704,510