c. 1867 Ouray, Ute Head Chief, by William Gunnison Chamberlain, Denver, Colorado, 1867. Albumen print on board.
Ouray's elaborate coat of dark-blue, wool cloth survives, in the Colorado Historical Society Collections. It has beaded strips on the shoulders and sleeves, with matching leggings.
Dimensions: image 5 ¼ x 8 inches
Estimate: $1,000 - $2,000.
Shipping, Taxes, Terms and Bidding
Calculate Custom Domestic Shipping
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
19.5% of the successful bid (minimum $14) per lot.
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
The high price received is a direct reflection of your hard work and integrity.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)